Litecoin price chart
What is Litecoin
Litecoin was created in October 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee as a 'lite' version of Bitcoin.
Similar to Bitcoin, Litecoin is a peer-to-peer decentralised digital currency. However, it was designed specifically for cheaper and faster everyday transactions. It's often described as the 'silver' to Bitcoin's 'gold'.
There are 84 million Litecoins in total and its token ticker is LTC. At CoinJar we support the following LTC trading pairs: LTC/AUD, LTC/BTC.
Litecoin price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- 0% maker feeNo maker or auction fees, and taker fees start from 0.10%.
- Multiple marketsBTC/AUD, ETH/AUD, XRP/AUD, LTC/AUD, ZEC/AUD, ETH/BTC, XRP/BTC and more
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store 98% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above $50,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to buy Litecoin with CoinJar
Sign up and create your CoinJar account
Deposit or receive cryptocurrencies into your CoinJar
You're ready to send, receive and store your cryptocurrency!
Use CoinJar on any device
Easy to use!
CoinJar’s new app has made it so much easier for me to manage my digital currencies, and I especially love the new Swipe section! Keep it up!