Ethereum price chart
What is Ethereum
Ethereum was created in 2015 by Russian-Canadian programmer Vitalik Buterin as a way to use blockchain technology to change the internet.
Ethereum is an open software platform for developers to build decentralised applications. What this means is that it removes the need for applications to rely on third parties like Amazon Web Services.
Ethereum is best know for its ability to build smart contracts, which are contracts that run exactly programmed without the possibility of any downtime, fraud, censorship or third-party interference. Thanks to this, Ethereum transactions are cheap, transparent and fast.
Unlike Bitcoin, there is no limit on the amount of new ether generated. Ether is the cryptocurrency of the Ethereum network. The token ticker of Ethereum is ETH.
Ethereum price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- Low feesTaker fees from 0.10% and maker fees as low as 0%.
- Multiple marketsETH/BTC, XRP/BTC, LTC/BTC, BAT/BTC, USDC/BTC and more.
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store at least 90% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption.
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
How to sell Ethereum with CoinJar
Sign up and create your CoinJar account
Deposit or receive cryptocurrencies into your CoinJar
You're ready to send, receive and store your cryptocurrency!
Use CoinJar on any device
Easy to use!
CoinJar’s new app has made it so much easier for me to manage my digital currencies, and I especially love the new Swipe section! Keep it up!