Zcash price chart
What is Zcash
Zcash was launched in 2016 by a group of scientists led by computer security specialist Zooko Wilcox. Zcash is a fork of the bitcoin protocol - it’s a decentralised and open-source cryptocurrency that provides strong privacy protections.
It does this by using zero-knowledge proofs, which proves knowledge of some facts about hidden information without revealing that information. Zcash uses zero-knowledge proofs called zk-SNARKS (zero-knowledge succinct non-interactive arguments of knowledge).
Its developers believe that personal privacy is essential for core human values like dignity, intimacy, and ethics, and that privacy strengthens social ties and social institutions, enables democracy and civil political processes, protects societies against their enemies, and helps societies to be more peaceful and more prosperous.
The token ticker of Zcash is ZEC.
Zcash price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- Low feesTaker fees from 0.10% and maker fees as low as 0%.
- Multiple marketsBTC/GBP, ETH/GBP, XRP/GBP, LTC/GBP, ZEC/GBP, ETH/BTC, XRP/BTC and more.
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store at least 90% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption.
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above £25,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to buy Zcash with CoinJar
Open your account and verify your identity
Deposit GBP into your CoinJar via Faster Payments
You're done! Now you're all set to buy and sell digital currency!