Ethereum price chart
What is Ethereum
Ethereum was created in 2015 by Russian-Canadian programmer Vitalik Buterin as a way to use blockchain technology to change the internet.
Ethereum is an open software platform for developers to build decentralised applications. What this means is that it removes the need for applications to rely on third parties like Amazon Web Services.
Ethereum is best know for its ability to build smart contracts, which are contracts that run exactly programmed without the possibility of any downtime, fraud, censorship or third-party interference. Thanks to this, Ethereum transactions are cheap, transparent and fast.
Unlike Bitcoin, there is no limit on the amount of new ether generated. Ether is the cryptocurrency of the Ethereum network. The token ticker of Ethereum is ETH.
Ethereum price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- 0% maker feeNo maker or auction fees, and taker fees start from 0.10%.
- Multiple marketsBTC/AUD, ETH/AUD, XRP/AUD, LTC/AUD, ZEC/AUD, ETH/BTC, XRP/BTC and more
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store 98% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above $50,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to buy Ethereum with CoinJar
Sign up and create your CoinJar account
Deposit or receive cryptocurrencies into your CoinJar
You're ready to send, receive and store your cryptocurrency!