Polygon price chart
What is Polygon
Polygon (formerly known as the Matic Network, hence the token ticker MATIC) is a layer 2 scaling solution built on the Ethereum network.
Offering faster and cheaper transactions than the Ethereum network itself, Polygon enables developers to build and run sophisticated dApps (decentralised apps) that can process thousands of requests a second across multiple blockchains – while still taking advantage of Ethereum’s considerable network effects.
Like the ETH token, MATIC is the fuel that powers the Polygon network, facilitating the payment and settlement of transactions. Polygon uses a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism, which means that holders of the token can “stake” their tokens and receive more MATIC in return.
Polygon price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Buy Polygon instantly with credit/debit card
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- Low feesTaker fees from 0.10% and maker fees as low as 0%.
- Multiple marketsETH/BTC, XRP/BTC, LTC/BTC, BAT/BTC, USDC/BTC and more.
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store at least 90% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption.
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above €30,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to buy Polygon with CoinJar
Sign up and create your CoinJar account
Deposit or receive cryptocurrencies into your CoinJar
You're ready to send, receive and store your cryptocurrency!
Use CoinJar on any device
Easy to use!
CoinJar’s new app has made it so much easier for me to manage my digital currencies, and I especially love the new Swipe section! Keep it up!