XRP (Ripple) price chart
What is Ripple
Ripple is a cross-border payment platform founded and created by the Ripple organisation in 2012.
Ripple combines the Ripple payment platform and the XRP currency as a means to provide frictionless and more efficient transactions globally using blockchain technology. It handles transactions faster than Ethereum and Bitcoin, and it's built for enterprise use.
Ripple provides banks and payment providers an on-demand option to source liquidity for cross-border payments. Using the network, companies can instantly transfer monetary assets globally through the Ripple network using the XRP currency as a digital asset.
Unlike Bitcoin, Ripple is not 100% decentralised and does not run a proof of work system.
The limit for Ripple is yet to be determined. The token ticker for Ripple is XRP.
XRP (Ripple) price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- 0% maker feeNo maker or auction fees, and taker fees start from 0.10%.
- Multiple marketsBTC/AUD, ETH/AUD, XRP/AUD, LTC/AUD, ZEC/AUD, ETH/BTC, XRP/BTC and more
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store 98% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above $50,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to buy Ripple with CoinJar
Sign up and create your CoinJar account
Deposit or receive cryptocurrencies into your CoinJar
You're ready to send, receive and store your cryptocurrency!