Wrapped Bitcoin price chart
What is Wrapped Bitcoin
Wrapped BTC (WBTC) is an invention of the DeFi movement. Pegged to the same value as Bitcoin itself, WBTC is a way of representing Bitcoin ownership on the Ethereum network (i.e. you lock Bitcoin in a smart contract and receive an equivalent amount of WBTC in return).
Having WBTC means you can use the Bitcoin you own on DeFi apps, for instance to purchase tokens on Uniswap or as liquidity pool collateral on a platform like Compound or Balancer.
By buying WBTC on an exchange like CoinJar, you’re bypassing the costly and complex “wrapping” process. While CoinJar can’t “unwrap” your WBTC for you, you’ll be able to convert it to regular BTC using the CoinJar app.
The Bitcoin underpinning this process is maintained by the WBTC DAO (decentralised autonomous organisation), a group of more than 30 companies and blockchains that includes some of the biggest players in the cryptocurrency space.
Wrapped Bitcoin price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Buy Wrapped Bitcoin instantly with credit/debit card
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- Low feesTaker fees from 0.10% and maker fees as low as 0%.
- Multiple marketsETH/BTC, XRP/BTC, LTC/BTC, BAT/BTC, USDC/BTC and more.
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store at least 90% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption.
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above €30,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to buy Wrapped Bitcoin with CoinJar
Sign up and create your CoinJar account
Deposit or receive cryptocurrencies into your CoinJar
You're ready to send, receive and store your cryptocurrency!
Use CoinJar on any device
Easy to use!
CoinJar’s new app has made it so much easier for me to manage my digital currencies, and I especially love the new Swipe section! Keep it up!