Due to the potential for losses, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) considers this investment to be high risk.
• The performance of most cryptoassets can be highly volatile, with their value dropping as quickly as it can rise. You should be prepared to lose all the money you invest in cryptoassets.
• The cryptoasset market is largely unregulated. There is a risk of losing money or any cryptoassets you purchase due to risks such as cyber-attacks, financial crime and firm failure.
CoinJar Bundles is a service offered by CoinJar which allows users to more easily diversify their portfolio by investing in baskets of cryptocurrencies with pre-defined allocations, either on a proportional basis or a cap-adjusted basis ("Bundles"). When you add funds into a Bundle, you instruct us to initiate multiple purchases of cryptocurrencies on your behalf in accordance with the allocations indicated to you within the Bundle.
CoinJar Bundles carry the following risks:
Managing a portfolio containing a larger basket of cryptocurrencies can be more complex and may have higher associated costs involved when performing certain actions. For example, withdrawing many individual cryptocurrencies to your wallet may incur many times the network fees as opposed to a single cryptocurrency.
The risks associated with a single asset are also relevant in determining the risks associated with a basket of cryptocurrencies. Using a bundle investment strategy does not minimise that risk. You should carefully consider and understand the make-up of the underlying cryptocurrencies within each Bundle before purchasing any Bundle.
• The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) doesn’t protect this type of investment because it’s not a ‘specified investment’ under the UK regulatory regime – in other words, this type of investment isn’t recognised as the sort of investment that the FSCS can protect. Learn more by using the FSCS investment protection checker here.
• The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will not be able to consider complaints related to this firm. Learn more about FOS protection here.
• There is no guarantee that investments in cryptoassets can be easily sold at any given time. The ability to sell a cryptoasset depends on various factors, including the supply and demand in the market at that time.
• Operational failings such as technology outages, cyber-attacks and comingling of funds could cause unwanted delay and you may be unable to sell your cryptoassets at the time you want.
• Investments in cryptoassets can be complex, making it difficult to understand the risks associated with the investment.
• You should do your own research before investing. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
• Putting all your money into a single type of investment is risky. Spreading your money across different investments makes you less dependent on any one to do well.
• A good rule of thumb is not to invest more than 10% of your money in high-risk investments.
If you are interested in learning more about how to protect yourself, visit the FCA’s website here.
For further information about cryptoassets, visit the FCA’s website here.
Cryptoassets traded on CoinJar UK Limited are largely unregulated in the UK, and you are unable to access the Financial Service Compensation Scheme or the Financial Ombudsman Service. We use third party banking, safekeeping and payment providers, and the failure of any of these providers could also lead to a loss of your assets. We recommend you obtain financial advice before making a decision to use your credit card to purchase cryptoassets or to invest in cryptoassets. Capital Gains Tax may be payable on profits. CoinJar’s digital currency exchange services are operated in the UK by CoinJar UK Limited (company number 8905988), registered by the Financial Conduct Authority as a Cryptoasset Exchange Provider and Custodian Wallet Provider in the United Kingdom under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, as amended (Firm Reference No. 928767).
The CoinJar Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Money DAC pursuant to a license by Mastercard. EML Money DAC is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. EML Money DAC is authorised and regulated as an issuer of electronic money by the Central Bank of Ireland under registration number C95957. EML Money DAC is deemed authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website. Registered office: EML Payments, 2nd Floor La Vallee House, Upper Dargle Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. Company Registration number: 423276.
Apple Pay and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.