Litecoin price chart
What is Litecoin
Litecoin was created in October 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee as a 'lite' version of Bitcoin.
Similar to Bitcoin, Litecoin is a peer-to-peer decentralised digital currency. However, it was designed specifically for cheaper and faster everyday transactions. It's often described as the 'silver' to Bitcoin's 'gold'.
There are 84 million Litecoins in total and its token ticker is LTC.
Litecoin price calculator
Beginner's Guide to Digital Currency blog series
Buy Litecoin instantly with credit/debit card
Advanced digital currency trading with CoinJar Exchange
- Data insightsPowerful data features include live orderbook, market depth and price charts.
- Low feesTaker fees from 0.10% and maker fees as low as 0%.
- Multiple marketsBTC/GBP, ETH/GBP, XRP/GBP, LTC/GBP, ETH/BTC, XRP/BTC and more.
- Safe, secure & trustedWe store at least 90% of digital funds in an offline, wallet backed by high-level encryption.
- Auction windowsTake advantage of the three daily auction windows to get a fairer price.
- Trading desk (OTC)For orders above £25,000 with competitive rates and flexible settlement. Learn more.
How to sell Litecoin with CoinJar
Open your account and verify your identity
You're done! Now you're all set to buy and sell digital currency!